Today is Constitution Day! That means that throughout this week, colleges and universities across the country will celebrate the signing of the U.S. Constitution on Sept. 17, 1787.
- The United States Constitution.
- The Federalist Papers (Copies of both of these documents can be found online or in the Von Canon Library).
- The home of the primary author of the constitution — James Madison’s Montpelier. Montpelier is only a two-hour drive from campus and will be hosting various events including remarks on the Constitution, a horse parade, Constitution-themed games, hot air balloon rides, carriage rides, musical performances, and fireworks to celebrate Constitution Day on Saturday, Sept. 20, 2014.
- The original copy of the United States Constitution on permanent display at the National Archives in Washington, D.C. — a three-hour drive from our campus.
- The Von Canon Library to see a special Constitution Day display — featuring books and DVDs from the library as well as information about the Constitution and its creation.